Updated: Mar 7
1. You want to monitor the CPU Utilization of an EC2 resource in AWS.Which of the below services can hel1. You want to monitor the CPU Utilization of an EC2 resource in AWS.Which of the below services can help in this regard?
i. AWS config
ii. AWS Inspector
iii. AWS Cloudwatch
iv. AWS Trusted Advisor
2. What are the benefits of having infrastructure hosted in the AWS Cloud?(Choose three)
I. All of the physical security and most of the data/network security are taken care of for you
II. Having complete control over the physical infrastructure
III. Increase speed and agility
IV. No upfront costs
V. There is no need to worry about security
3. Which of the following strategies can be used to control access to EC2 instances?
I. DB security group
II. IMA policies
III. EC2 security groups
IV. None of these
4. A company decided to migrate its oracle database to AWS. Which AWS service can help achieve this without negatively impacting the functionality of the source database?
I. RDS Multi-AZ
II. AWS Server migration service
III. AWS application discovery service
IV. AWS database migration service
5. You want to run a questionnaire application for only one day (without interruption), which AWS EC2 purchase option would you choose?
I. Reserved Instances
II. Spot Instances
III. Dedicated Instances
IV. On-demand instances
6. A company has delivered an eCommerce web application and the application needs an uptime of at least 99.5%.Which of the following deployment strategies should they use?
I. Deploying the application across multiple VPC’s
II. Deploying the application across multiple regions
III. Deploying the application across edge locations
IV. Deploying the application across multiple subnets
7. Which of the following allows for object level storage in AWS?
I. Amazon EBS
II. Amazon S3
III. Amazon Storage Gateway
IV. Amazon SQS
8. One of the benefits of the AWS Cloud is that there are many services,where you don’t need to manage their underlying infrastructure.Which of the following is an example of these services?(Choose two)
I. Dynamo DB
III. Simple Storage service
IV. AWS Autoscaling
9. What AWS service allows you to have your own private network in the AWS Cloud?
I. AWS Elastic beanstalk
II. AWS Elastic Compute Cloud
III. AWS VPC
IV. AWS SQS
10. A company has Devops team in its organizational structure. They are looking forward to moving to the AWS Cloud.They are wondering if there is an AWS service that can help them manage the infrastructure as code.Which of the following would you suggest for them?
I. AWS Inspector
II. AWS Config
III. AWS Cloudformation
IV. AWS EMR
11. When using on-demand instances in AWS,which of the following is a false statement about its cost?
I. There is no upfront costs for the instance
II. You have to pay the termination fees if you terminate the instance
III. You are charged per second based on the hourly rate
IV. You pay for much you use
12. Upgrading a server with a large hard drive is an example of -------------------.While adding more hard drives to a storage array is an example of ---------------------.
I. A vertical Scaling,Horizontal scaling
II. Vertical Scaling,Vertical Scaling
III. Horizontal scaling,Vertical scaling
IV. Horizontal scaling,Vertical scaling
13. A company is planning to develop a microservices application consisting of hundreds of services.They decide to host the application on the AWS Cloud.Since there are a large number of services produced by the application,it needs a powerful tool for analyzing and debugging.Which of the following services can meet this requirement?
I. AWS Opsworks
II. AWS Config
III. AWS Aurora
IV. AWS X-Ray
14. A user is planning to host a scalable,dynamic web application on AWS.Which of the services many not be required by the user to achieve automated scaling?
IV. AWS EC2 instances
15. An organization has 500 employees.The organization wants to set up AWS access for each department.Which of the mentioned options is a possible solution
I. Create IAM roles based on the permissions and assign users to each role
II. Create IAM users and provide individual permissions to each
III. Create IAM groups based on the permission and assign IAM users to the groups
IV. It is not possible to manage more than 100 IAM users with AWS
16. How can you display the distribution of AWS spending?
I. By contacting AWS finance team
II. BY contacting the AWS Support team
III. Using AWS Cost explorer
IV. Using amazon dev pay
17. You are planning to host a large eCommerce application on the AWS Cloud.One of your major concerns is internet attacks,such as DDoS attacks.Which of the following services can help mitigate this concern?(Choose 2 answers)\
II. AWS Shield
III. AWS EC2
IV. AWS Config
18. Your company is developing a critical application and security of the application is one of the top priorities. Which of the following AWS services will provide infrastructure security optimization recommendations?
I. AWS API
II. AWS Management Console
III. AWS Aurora
IV. AWS trusted advisor
19. AWS Allows us to “stop guessing about our capacity needs” and “Automate to make architectural experimentation easier “.These principles belong to which of the following ?
I. AWS General Design principles
II. The 5 pillars of Well-Architected Framework
III. AWS General Architecture principles
IV. AWS General Efficiency principles
20. You have developed a web application that has .net layer that connects to MySQL database.Which of the following AWS databases would provide high availability and automated backups to your apaplication?
II. Dynamo DB
III. An EC2 Instance with MySQL installed
IV. An EC2 instance with aurora installed
21. In order to implement best practices when dealing with “Single point of failure”,you should aim to build as much automation as possible in both detecting and reacting to failure.Which of the following AWS services would help you ?(Select all that apply)
II. Route 53
III. Auto Scaling
IV. Amazon EC2 auto recovery
22. You are working on a project that involves creating thumbnails of millions of images;however,time is not really an issue,and continuous processing is not required.Which type of EC2 buying option would be the most cost-effective?
I. Reserved Instances
II. Spot Instances
III. On-demand instances
IV. Dedicated Instances
23. You are working on a application that requires low-latency network performance. In order to establish this which AWS service can be used?
I. ELB and Auto Scaling
II. Placement groups
III. EC2 and Dynamo DB
IV. Elastic MapReduce
24. You are trying to organize and import (to AWS) gigabytes of data that are currently structured in JSON like, name value documents. What AWS service would best fit your needs?
IV. Dynamo DB
25. You have developed a web application targeting a global audience. Which of the following will help you achieve the highest redundancy and fault tolerance?
I. Single AZ
II. Multiple AZ’s in many AWS regions
III. Multiple AZ’s in single AWS region
IV. Nothing from the above would help
26. Which of the following is your responsibility when creating Amazon VPC security groups?(Select all that apply)
I. Ensuring that the rules take effect before creating another security groups
II. Giving a name and description of the security AWS group
III. Adding rules to the security group
IV. Ensuring that the security groups are linked to the Elastic Network Interface
27. A company is currently using the Enterprise Support Plan. They want quick and efficient guidance with their billing and account inquiries. Which of the following included services could assist them?
I. AWS Support API
II. AWS Support Concierge
III. AWS advisor
IV. Customer contacts
28. As part of the enterprise support plan, who is the primary point of contact for ongoing support needs?
29. What does AWS snowball provide?
I. A direct encrypted connection to Amazon S3
II. Secure transfer to large amounts of data into and out of the AWS Cloud
III. It’s a backup solution that provides an on-premise cloud storage
IV. It provides an encrypted SSL endpoint for backups in the cloud
30. Which of the following does AWS perform on your behalf for EBS volumes to reduce the possibility of failure?
I. Replication of the volume across Availability zones
II. Replication of the volume across regions
III. Replication of the volume in the same availability zone
IV. Replication of the volume across edge locations
31. Yours logs show that one or more AWS owned IP addresses are sending packets to multiple ports on your server,and you believe that is an attempt to discover unsecured ports.What should you do?
I. Contact AWS Security Team
II. Contact the AWS Support Team
III. Contact the AWS abuse team
IV. AWS customer service team
32. What are the characteristics of Amazon S3?(Choose 2 answers)
I. S3 allows to store unlimited amount of data
II. S3 allows you to store objects of virtually unlimited size
III. S3 should be used to host a relational database
IV. Objects are directly accessed by a URL
33. The principle “design for failure and nothing will fail” is very important when designing your AWS cloud architecture.Which of the following would help in so?(Select all that apply)
I. Availability zones
III. AWS CAF
IV. Elastic Load Balancer
34. You are going to create snapshots from EBS volumes in another geographical location using the console. Where would you create the snapshots?
I. In another AZ
II. In another data center
III. In another edge location
IV. In another region
35. Which of the following services has been described as a global content delivery network ?
I. Amazon SES
II. Amazon Cloudtrail
III. Amazon cloudfront
IV. Amazon S3
36. Your web application is generating digital policy files for verifying users.Once the files are verified,they may not be required in the future unless there are some compliance issuesIf you want to save them in a cost effective way ,what is the best possible solution?
I. S3 Intelligent tiering
II. AWS RDS
III. AWS S3
IV. AWS Glacier
37. A company moved to AWS recently.They have lot of concerns about their security.Which of the following would help them ensure that the right security settings are in place?(Select all that apply)
I. AWS Inspector
II. AWS Kinesis
III. AWS Support
IV. AWS Trusted Advisor
38. One of the most important AWS best practices is to follow the cloud architecture principle of elasticity.How could this principle improve your architecture design?
I. By reducing storage required for your application
II. By scaling automatically to your on premise resources based on the changes ondemand
III. By scaling automatically and provison the required AWS resources based on changes on demand
IV. None of the above
39. Your company has an application that requires access to a NoSQL database.Your IT department has no desire to manage NoSQL servers.Which amazon service provides a fully managed and highly available NoSQL service?
II. Amazon RDS
III. Elasticmap reduce
IV. Dynamo DB
40. Which component of AWS global infrastructure does amazon cloudfront use to ensure low latency delivery ?
I. AWS Regions
II. AWS edge locations
III. AWS AZ
IV. AWS VPC
41. What is the main benefit of decoupling an application?
I. Make updates quick and easily
II. Optimize costs
III. Increase the integrity of application components
IV. Reduce inter-dependencies so failures do not impact the other components of the application.
42. Which of the following allows you to carve out a portion of the AWS Cloud?
I. AWS Subnets
II. AWS Regions
III. AWS VPC
IV. AWS AZ
43. Derek is running a web application and is noticing that he is paying for way more server capacity than required. What AWS feature should Derek set up and configure to ensure that his application is automatically adding/removing the server capacity to keep in line with required demand?
I. AWS EC2
II. AWS Auto Scaling
III. AWS ELB
IV. AWS Inspector
44. You have just setup a brand new AWS account.You want to keep monthy billing under $100,but you are worried about going over that limit.What can you use in order to be notified when the monthly bill approaches $100?
I. A cloudtrail billing alarm that triggers an SNS notification to your email address
II. A SNS billing alarm that triggers a cloudwatch notifications to your email address
III. A cloudwatch billing alarm that triggers an SNS notification to your email address
IV. A cloudwatch billing alarm that triggers a cloudtrail notification to your email address
45. You work as an on-premise MySQL DBA.The work of database configuration,backups,patching,DR can be time consuming and repetitive.Your company decided to migrate to AWS Cloud.Which of the following can help you save time on regular database tasks and focus on giving the fast performance and high availability they need?
I. Amazon redshift
II. Amazon RDS
III. Amazon Dynamo DB
IV. Amazon Cloudwatch
46. A company is planning to introduce a new product to their customers.They are expecting high traffic to their web application.As part of the Enterprise support plan,which of the following could provide them with architectural and scaling guidance?
I. Infrastructure event management
II. AWS management support
III. AWS support API
IV. AWS Support concierge service
47. What are the benefits of the AWS personal health dashboard?(Select all that apply)
I. Personalized view of service health
II. Detailed troubleshooting guidance
III. Proactive notifications
IV. Cost optimization
48. You have 2 AWS accounts.One for the dev and another for QA.All part of consolidated billing.The master account has purchased 4 reserved instances.The dev department is currently using 2 reserved instances .The QA team is planning to use 3 instances,which are of the same instance type?what is the pricing tier of the instances that can be used by the QA team?
I. No reserved and 3 on-demand
II. One reserved and 2 on-demand
III. 2 reserved and 1 on-demand
IV. 3 reserved and no on-demand
49. What is the AWS feature that enables you to manage AWS services through a web user interface?
I. AWS API
II. AWS Management console
III. AWS SDK
IV. AWS CLI
50. According to AWS acceptable use policy, penetration testing of Ec2 instances:
I. May be performed by AWS,and will be performed by AWS upon customer request
II. May be performed by AWS,and is periodically performed by AWS
III. Are expressly prohibited under all circumstances
IV. May be performed by the customer on their own instances with prior authorization from AWS
51. What best describes the “Principle of Least Privilege”?
I. All users should have the same baseline permissions granted to them to use basic AWS services
II. Users should always have a little more access granted to them then they need,just in case they end up needed it in future.
III. Users should submit all access request in written so that there is a paper trial of who needs access to all different AWS resources
IV. Users should be granted permission to access only resources they need to their assigned job
52. You are facing performance issues with your under development application built using microservices architecture,which of the following services would help to analyze the issues?
I. AWS X-Ray
II. AWS Codepipeline
III. AWS Inspector
IV. AWS Config
53. Which of the following S3 storage classes is ideal for data with unpredictable access pattern?
I. Amazon S3 Intelligent Tiering
II. Amazon S3 on-demand tiering
III. Amazon S3 standard tiering
IV. Amazon S3 IA tiering
V. Amazon S3 glacier tiering
54. An organization has set up consolidated billing with 3 different AWS accounts. Which of the below mentioned advantages will the organization receive in terms of AWS pricing?
I. The consolidated billing does not bring any cost advantage for the organization
II. All the AWS accounts will be charged for S3 storage by combining the total storage of each account
III. The EC2 instances of each account will receive a total of 750*3 micro instance hour free
IV. The free usage tier for all 3 accounts will be 3 years and not a single year
55. You noticed that several AWS EC2 instances have been terminated.Which of the following AWS services would help you determine who took this action?
I. AWS Trusted advisor
II. AWS EC2 instance usage report
III. AWS Cloudwatch
IV. AWS Cloudtrail
56. Which of the following would impact the process of data replication to a remote location?
I. Distance between the sites
II. Available bandwidth
III. Data rate required by your application
IV. Replication technology
57. What should you do in order to keep the data on EBS volume safe?
I. Delete the data when device is destroyed
II. Create ebs snapshots
III. Attach volumes to ec2 instances
IV. Create copies of ebs volumes
58. A company is deploying a new two-tier web application in AWS.The company wants to store their most frequently used data so that the response time of the application is improved.Which AWS provides the solution for the company requirements?
I. Mysql installed on 2 amazon ec2 instances in a single AZ
II. Amazon elasticache
III. Amazon RDS for MySQL with multi-az
IV. AWS caching services
59. You are planning to host your education website on AWS.Most of the video courses will be streamed from places all around the world.Which of the following AWS services would help you achieve high transfer speeds?
I. AWS Cloudformation
II. AWS Cloudfront
III. AWS Delivery
IV. AWS Cloud distributer
60. In AWS,which security aspects are the customer responsibility?(Choose three)
I. The configuration of the security groups
II. Hardware global infrastructure
III. Networking traffic protection
IV. Controlling physical access to computer resources
61. Which of the following services allows you to manage your agreements in AWS?
I. AWS agreements
II. AWS Auditor
III. AWS Artifact
IV. AWS Systems Managerp in this regard?